The Golf Shop is Open! Gear Up for Golf Season at the Royal Golf Club!
Yes, we know it’s January.
It’s dark out. It’s cold. And there’s snow everywhere.
But in just a few months, we are going to be hitting the links at the Royal Golf Club!
So, why not get ready now by making a stop at the Royal Golf Club’s Golf Shop?
Located on the first level of the Royal Golf Club’s clubhouse, the Golf Shop is where you will find everything you need for the upcoming golf season.
Managed by Laney Vanscoy, the mission of the Golf Shop is to help Royal Golf Club members as well as members of the public optimize their experience at the Royal Golf Club.
The key to delivering on that promise is understanding golfers.
“I definitely have golfing in the blood,” says Laney, whose father is a golf pro with the Ankeny Golf and Country Club located north of Des Moines, and who golfed competitively while in high school.
“Because I understand the game, and especially the frustrations that many golfers face,” says Laney, “I’ve worked with our golf pros to bring together the best selection of equipment, apparel and gear.”
“We know that your time is precious,” Laney adds, “that’s why we’re so focused on making sure you’re spending more time on actually golfing.”
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect when you visit the Royal Golf Club Golf Shop:
- Golf Apparel: Royal Golf Club-branded golf apparel will be available alongside apparel from the top golf apparel manufacturers, including Peter Millar, TravisMathew, Fairway & Greene, Cutter & Buck, Jamie Sadock, and Adidas.
- Accessories: Golf club bags, Tervis Tumblers, Maui Jim sunglasses, Bluetooth speakers and everything else you need for a great day of golfing will be available, too. Look for unique products from Woodchuck and Minnesota Awesome.
- Golf Clubs: The Golf Shop will offer Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, and PXG golf clubs for men, women and juniors. Personal fittings will be offered by the club’s golf professionals to ensure that with every purchase the golfer is perfectly matched with the right size and style of club.
- Golf Balls: The Golf Shop will showcase the full line of Titleist golf balls, which we consider the best in the golfing industry.
- Golf Lessons: Members of the Royal Golf Club Professional Staff will be available throughout the season for golf lessons. The Royal Golf Club Instruction program will include clinics, private instruction, and on-course playing lessons. In addition to our golf course, the instructors will also utilize the Royal Golf Club’s expansive practice area, short game area, putting green and six hole Short Course, which is ideal for honing one’s short game. Contact the Golf Shop to obtain their contact information or to make an appointment.
- Rentals: Golf clubs for men, women and juniors will be available for rent throughout the season, from top brands such as Callaway, Mizuno, Srixon, and Titleist.
- Tee Times: Watch the Royal Golf Club website to book tee times online. Members of the Royal Golf Club will be able to book up to 14 days in advance, and members of the public will be able to book tee times 7 days in advance. Tee times also can be made by calling the Golf Shop.
- GHIN Handicap: Start or maintain your golfing handicap with GHIN, using their compatible software. After you complete a round, just stop by and enter your score. Memberships in the Minnesota Golf Association are available through the Golf Shop (needed to enter scores in the GHIN system).
Laney emphasizes that you don’t need to wait until the days grow longer and the weather is warmer to stop by the Golf Shop. Look for upcoming sales, such as its Sweetheart of a Sale coming up around Valentine’s Day.
“Our goal,” says Laney, “is to truly get to know each of our customers by their first names and to learn how we can make their time on the course really count.”